Grilled Scallops with Grilled Apples and Honey Drizzle
Pairs with 2011 Grenache Blanc
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
12 big sea scallops
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup honey
8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
fresh ground pepper salt
1. Preheat a gas grill at high heat.
2. Slice apples crosswise into quarter-inch slices.
3. Brush olive oil on both sides of apple slices and scallops, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Grill apple slices for 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove from heat, and place 3 apple slices on each dinner plate.
6. Grill scallops for 2 minutes on each side, and place a scallop on each grilled apple slice.
7. Mix the rice vinegar and honey together and drizzle on scallops.
8. Sprinkle with sliced basil and serve with freshly ground pepper and Kalyra Grenache Blanc.