Pairs with 2011 Grenache Blanc
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
12 big sea scallops
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup honey
8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
fresh ground pepper salt
- Preheat a gas grill at high heat.
- Slice apples crosswise into quarter-inch slices.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of apple slices and scallops, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill apple slices for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat, and place 3 apple slices on each dinner plate.
- Grill scallops for 2 minutes on each side, and place a scallop on each grilled apple slice.
- Mix the rice vinegar and honey together and drizzle on scallops.
- Sprinkle with sliced basil and serve with freshly ground pepper and Kalyra Grenache Blanc.